tute.io (from here on referred to as “tute.io”, “we” or “us”), the organization responsible for management of the website tute.io and its associated blog (collectively referred to as the “Site”) is devoted to protecting the privacy of all the users visiting the Site (“you” or “User”). The site is created only for being used as an educational resource.
What information tute.io collects and why
In order to provide the best experience possible while using tute.io, we collect information about your interactions with the application. To do this we use common web technologies such as server logs and cookies. Basic information is collected wether you have an account or not.
The information we collect about all visitors to our website includes:
- The visitor’s browser type
- Referring site
- The date and time of each visitor request
- Potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
We use this information to:
- Provide, test, improve, promote and personalize tute.io
- Fight spam, trolling and other forms of abuse
- Generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use tute.io
In order for you to create an account on tute.io and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit on or to tute.io in the form of reactions, comments, or messages to other users;
- The email address associated with your Twitter account, if you choose to sign up using your Twitter credentials. tute.io will also request permission to access additional information (these permissions are governed by Twitter’s privacy policies and can be managed through your Twitter privacy settings). We never post anything to your Twitter without your permission.
- The email address associated with your GitHub account, if you choose to sign up using your Github credentials. tute.io will also request permission to access additional information (these permissions are governed by GitHub’s privacy policies and can be managed through your GitHub privacy settings). We never post anything to your GitHub without your permission.
- The email address associated with your Google account, if you choose to sign up using your Google credentials. tute.io will also request permission to access additional information (these permissions are governed by Google’s privacy policies and can be managed through your Google privacy settings). We never post anything to your Google without your permission.
- You also have the option to give us more information if you want to, and this may include “User Personal Information.”
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade User Personal Information with third parties for commercial purposes. We do share certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information with others about how our users, collectively, use tute.io. For example, we may share information pertaining to the popularity of different tools, course and resources for advertising partners. For more details, see our section on Advertising Details.
We may use User Personal Information with your permission, so we can perform services you have authorized. We may share User Personal Information with a limited number of third party vendors who process it on our behalf to provide or improve our service, and who have agreed to privacy restrictions similar to our own Privacy Statement. Our third party vendors are listed below.
We use Google Adsense for advertising.
We may place ads in:
- Below tutorials
- Below articles
- On search result pages
- On topic pages
Third Party Vendors
We may share your account information with third parties in some circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards; (3) for survey or research purposes, after aggregation, anonymization, or pseudonomization; (4) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process; (5) when we have a good faith belief that doing so will help prevent imminent harm to someone.
Data Storage tute.io uses third-party vendors and hosting partners for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run tute.io. By using tute.io Services, you authorize tute.io to transfer, store, and use your information in the Sweden and any other country where our servers a located. All service providers and third-party vendors are required to meet our data protection standards.
Site monitoring tute.io uses a variety of third-party services to diagnose errors and improve the performance of our site. We aim to minimize the amount of personal information shared, but the information may include your IP address or other identifying information. All service providers and third-party vendors are required to meet our data protection standards.
Facebook (visitor action pixel) We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc on our website. This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Data Security We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account.
Administrative Emails from tute.io Sometimes we’ll send you emails about your account, service changes or new policies. You can’t opt out of this type of “transactional” email (unless you delete your account). When you interact with a transactional email sent from tute.io (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction.
Non-administrative Emails from tute.io Upon creating a tute.io account, you will be opted into the tute.io Newsletter and other non-administrative email. Your email address and user profile information may be stored by a third-party email provider such as MailChimp or Sendgrid. You can opt out of non-administrative emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications through your account’s “Settings” page and at the link of the footer in any non-administrative email you receive from us. When you interact with a non-administrative email sent from tute.io (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction.
Deleting Your Personal Information You may request deletion of your personal information and account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may maintain residual copies for a brief time period. But, if you delete your account, your information and content will be unrecoverable after that time.
Data Portability If you would like to request a copy of your user data, please email email@example.com.
Questions We welcome feedback about this policy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Mars 06, 2020