Egon Elbre and Roger Peppe join Mat for a conversation all about bloat (and how to avoid it). Expect talk of code bloat, binary bloat, feature bloat, and an even-more-bloated-than-usual unpopular opinion segment.
Changelog++ members save 6 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Sourcegraph – Transform your code into a queryable database to create customizable visual dashboards in seconds. Sourcegraph recently launched Code Insights — now you can track what really matters to you and your team in your codebase. See how other teams are using this awesome feature at about.sourcegraph.com/code-insights
- Chronosphere – Chronosphere is the observability platform for cloud-native teams operating at scale. When it comes to observability, teams need a reliable, scalable, and efficient solution so they can know about issues well before their customers do. Teams choose Chronosphere to help them move faster than the competition. Learn more and get a demo at chronosphere.io.
- Honeycomb – Guess less, know more. When production is running slow, it’s hard to know where problems originate: is it your application code, users, or the underlying systems? With Honeycomb you get a fast, unified, and clear understanding of the one thing driving your business: production. Join the swarm and try Honeycomb free today at honeycomb.io/changelog
- Egon Elbre – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Roger Peppe – Twitter, GitHub
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!