Beyang Liu on Go at Sourcegraph and Writing Better Code
Beyang Liu from Sourcegraph joins the show to talk about Go at Sourcegraph and their code insight and language analysis tools for writing better code. We also get an understanding of what Sourcegraph is and the many ways to integrate it into your workflow.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Equinox – Build, package and distribute self-updating Go apps to your customers. It’s perfect for CLI tools and on-premise Go software.
- Beyang Liu – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Sourcegraph Youtube videos
- Sourcegraph SF meetup
- Sourcegraph Chrome extension
- Language analysis toolchains
- Code review with IDE powers (video)
- Code usage examples in your editor, as you type (blog post)
- Go Guru: editor-integrated tool for navigating Go code
- ngrok: Introspected tunnels to localhost
- Alan Shreve’s dotGo talk: Conceptualizing Large Software Systems (video)
- Brian will be at Abstractions.io talking about generating code
- Delve: Debugger for Go
- gen-mocks: mock generator
- gRPC to JSON proxy generator
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Go’s march to low-latency GC (Twitch’s blog post)
- Alan Donovan’s Gophercon talk about Go Guru
- John Leon’s Gophercon talk about Packet Capturing with Go
- Kubernetes 1.3 release notes
- Traefik: modern HTTP reverse proxy
- Glide: What’s New in 0.11.0 (blog post)
Free Software Friday
- Brian - GoKit
- Erik - The Silver Searcher: A code-searching tool similar to ack, but faster
- Beyang - Checkup: Mat Holt’s uptime monitoring tool
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!