CockroachDB and distributed databases in Go
Andrei Matei joined the show and talked with us about CockroachDB (and why it’s easier to use than any RDBMS), distributed databases with Go, tracing, and other interesting projects and news.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Rollbar – Our error monitoring partner. Rollbar provides real-time error monitoring, alerting, and analytics to help us resolve production errors in minutes. To start deploying with confidence - head to rollbar.com/changelog
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Andrei Matei – GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Introducing Agones: Open-source, multiplayer, dedicated game-server hosting built on Kubernetes
- Saloon – Go Forums
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
Brian - GitPitch
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!