Container Security and Demystifying Complexity
Liz Rice joined the show to talk about containers, cloud security, making complex concepts easier to understand, and other interesting Go projects and news.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Liz Rice – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
kube-bench - CIS Security Benchmark implementation for Kubernetes
manifesto - Manage container metadata alongside (but separate from) the container image
Interesting Go Projects and News
jaeger - Open Tracing in and for Go (and others)
expanderr - expands the Go Call Expression under your cursor to check errors (emacs only for now)
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
Brian - Unison
Liz - Istio
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!