Data streaming and Benthos
Mihai and Ashley join Jon to discuss data streaming. What is it, why is it being used, and common mistakes developers make when setting up. They also discuss some of the tools in the ecosystem, including Benthos, a tool created by Ashley Jeff’s to make the plumbing part of data streaming easier to get right.
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Teleport – Teleport Access Plane lets you access any computing resource anywhere. Engineers and security teams can unify access to SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Ship fast. Rest easy. Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Equinix Metal – If you want the choice and control of hardware…with low overhead…and the developer experience of the cloud – you need to check out Equinix Metal. Deploy in minutes across 18 global locations, from Silicon Valley to Sydney. Visit metal.equinix.com/justaddmetal and receive $100 credit to play.
- Mihai Todor – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Ashley Jeffs – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Benthos - a data streaming tool created by guest Ashley Jeff’s.
- Materialize - a tool for making data streams with sql queries.
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!