Go in 5 Minutes & design patterns
Aaron Schlesinger joined the show this week to talk about his Go in 5 Minutes series of screencasts, and design patterns in Go.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Aaron Schlesinger – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Go in 5 Minutes
- Deis: Open Source Application Platform. For Public and Private Clouds.
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software (Gang of Four book)
- Rob Pike - Another Golang at Language Design (video)
- Rob Pike Google I/O 2012 - Go Concurrency Patterns (video)
- GopherCon 2014 A Channel Compendium by John Graham-Cumming (video)
- GopherCon 2014 High Performance Systems in Go by Derek Collison (video)
- Svett Ralchev design pattern in Go (tutorials)
- Jason Buberel: Go Examples of Common Patterns
- Helm: The Kubernetes Package Manager
- Clean Code (book)
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Teleport: Modern SSH server for clusters and teams
- Vim-Go 1.9 released
- Steve Francia joins the Go language team
- Curated list of Go patterns and idioms
- dhcplb: Facebook’s implementation of a load balancer for DHCP
- GolangUK Conference 2016 videos
- Golang UK Conf. 2016 - Liz Rice - What is a container, really? Let’s write one in Go from scratch (video)
- vuls: Vulnerability scanner for Linux/FreeBSD, agentless
- Mig: Mozilla’s real-time digital forensics and investigation platform
- goviz: A visualization tool for golang project dependency
- Caddy webserver: The HTTP/2 web server with automatic HTTPS
- Lego: Let’s Encrypt client and ACME library written in Go
Free Software Friday
- Brian - BoltDB and WTF Dial: Data storage with BoltDB (blog)
- Carlisia - Api2Go: JSONAPI.org Implementation for Go
- Aaron - GPS: Go Packaging Solver
- Erik - CoreDNS: DNS service discovery for the cloud
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!