Go in production at Pace.dev
Building a new app in Go can involve a lot of technical decisions. How will your code be structured? How will you handle background jobs? What will your deploy process look like? In this episode we will walk through the decisions made while building the public release of Pace.dev.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
- Datadog – Are you having trouble visualizing bottlenecks and latency in your apps and not sure where the issue is coming from or how to solve it? With Datadog’s end-to-end monitoring platform you can use their customizable, built-in dashboard to collect metrics and visualize the performance of your Go applications in real time. Start your free trial, install the agent, create a dashboard, and get a free t-shirt! Head to datadog.com/gotime to get started.
- Gophercises – Gophercises is a free course that will help you become more familiar with Go while developing your skills as a programmer. The course consists of 20 different mini-applications, packages, and tools that are each designed to teach you something unique about Go. Get started at gophercises.com/gotime
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- David Hernandez – Twitter, GitHub
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Google App Engine
- Operations (formerly Stackdriverf)
- Pace.dev talk on JS Party
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!