Go is eating the world of software
It’s The Changelog in the Go Time feed! Adam Stacoviak and Jerod Santo met up with Ron Evans at OSCON on the expo hall floor to talk about Go and how it’s eating the world of software. Specifically they talked about TinyGo and what they’re doing to bring the Go programming language to micro-controllers and modern web browsers. According to Ron Evans, “embedded systems and Go are the most exciting things happening right now.”
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. Get started for free with a $50 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- GoCD + Kubernetes – With GoCD running on Kubernetes, you define your build workflow and let GoCD provision and scale build infrastructure on the fly. GoCD installs as a Kubernetes native application. Scale your build infrastructure elastically. Learn more at gocd.org/kubernetes
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
OSCON 2019 – OSCON has been ground zero for the open source community for 20 years. This year they’ve expanded to become a “software development conference” — because in 2019, software development IS open source. This year’s program covers everything from open source, AI, infrastructure, blockchain, edge computing, architecture, and emerging languages. Use the code
CHANGELOG20to get 20% off Bronze, Silver, and Gold passes.
- Ron Evans – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!