Go work groups and hardware projects
Jaana B. Dogan joined the show to talk about hardware geekery, on-boarding people into Go, the state of the feedback loop with the Go team, and her initiative to create Go Work Groups.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $10/mo. We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Code School – On Track With Go — Learn what makes Go a great fit for concurrent programs and how you can use it to leverage the power of modern computer architectures in this new course for those getting started with Go.
- Jaana Dogan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Cory LaNou – Twitter
Notes and Links
- Gopher Gala
- bobbleHat: A Go library to support Raspberry Pi HATs
- From NAND to Tetris
- Build a Modern Computer from First Principles: From Nand to Tetris (Coursera)
- GopherCon 2016: Katrina Owen - Mind the Gap (video)
- A Tour of Go
- Learn Java
- Rust Book
- Go Blog
- Kubernetes Special Interest Groups
Interesting Go Projects and News
Free Software Friday
- Cory - Shout out to the organizers of all local Go meetups. Specifically the organizers of Chicago Ultimate Golang (Varun) and Minneapolis Ultimate Golang (Eric, Jack, Nick, and Calvin) — each of whom put those cities back on track.
- Erik - Kubernetes Special Interest Groups
- Carlisia - Gophers Slack @gopher bot
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!