Going through the news
We’re trying something new this week: discussing the news! Natalie, Kris & Ian weigh in on GopherCon’s move to Chicago, Google DDoSing SourceHut, reflections on Go’s success, and a new/old proposal for anonymous function syntax.
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Square – Develop on the platform that sellers trust. There is a massive opportunity for developers to support Square sellers by building apps for today’s business needs. Learn more at changelog.com/square to dive into the docs, APIs, SDKs and to create your Square Developer account — tell them Changelog sent you.
- Chronosphere – Chronosphere is the observability platform for cloud-native teams operating at scale. When it comes to observability, teams need a reliable, scalable, and efficient solution so they can know about issues well before their customers do. Teams choose Chronosphere to help them move faster than the competition. Learn more and get a demo at chronosphere.io.
- Akuity – Akuity is a new platform (founded by Argo co-creators) that brings fully-managed Argo CD and enterprise services to the cloud or on premise. They’re inviting our listeners to join the closed beta at akuity.io/changelog. The platform is a versatile Kubernetes operator for handling cluster deployments the GitOps way. Deploy your apps instantly and monitor their state — get minimum overhead, maximum impact, and enterprise readiness from day one.
- Flatfile – Data import is broken. We fixed it. Flatfile’s powerful out-of-the-box solution takes the data import burden off your shoulders, freeing you to solve bigger business problems and build products that people love.
Notes and Links
- GopherCon to be held in Chicago on October 6th-8th
- Google has been DDoSing SourceHut for over a year
- Go’s 5 creators reflect on the language’s success in ACM
- proposal: Go 2: Lightweight anonymous function syntax
- The Trevor Project
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!