GoLand IDE and managing Gopher Slack
Florin Pățan joined the show and talked with us about GoLand, the pros and cons of using an IDE, his thoughts on the Go community, and managing Gopher Slack.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Airbrake – Airbrake is an exception reporting service, currently providing error monitoring for 50,000 applications with support for 18 programming languages.
- ActiveState – ActiveState builds open source language distributions for Go, Python, Perl, Ruby and Tcl. More than 2 million developers & 97% of Fortune 1000 companies use ActiveState including Pepsico, Lockheed Martin & NASA. Check out activestate.com/gotime
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Florin Pățan – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- GoLand - Capable and Ergonomic Go IDE by JetBrains
- Join Gophers on Slack! + the CoC
- Spotlight #10: How China Does Node with Shiya Luo
- dep - Go dependency management tool
- Visual Studio Code
- Tower - Git client for Mac and Windows
- Magit! - A Git Porcelain inside Emacs
- rc file (dotfile) management
- Golang - 2017 Survey Results
- Dark GitHub style is Adam’s free software Friday pick
- Dark theme for Slack
- Delve is Florian’s free software Friday pick
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!