Hardware hacking with TinyGo and Gopherbot
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- DigitalOcean – Check out DigitalOcean’s dedicated vCPU Droplets with dedicated vCPU threads. Get started for free with a $100 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- strongDM – Manage access to any database, server, and environment. strongDM makes it easy for DevOps to enforce the controls InfoSec teams require.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
Notes and Links
Win a Gopherbot!
To take part in the giveaway to win your very own Gopherbot, all you have to do is send a tweet to @GoTimeFM plus any of the following — review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, socialize your favorite episode on Twitter, or recommend the show to a friend. Details for each are below.
Tweet: To be entered you MUST tweet us @GoTimeFM in addition to either a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, socialize your favorite episode on Twitter, or recommend the show to a friend. Here’s the tweet we’re looking for —
I listen to @GoTimeFM and I learned #golang because... — Ron will pick his favorite reason and we’ll announce the winner in a few weeks.
Review: Write a review on Apple Podcasts (5-stars plz). Email a screenshot of the review plus a link to your tweet to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Gopherbot me!” as proof of entry.
Socialize: Share an episode you’ve enjoyed on social media. Email a link to your tweet/post plus a link to your tweet to email@example.com with subject “Gopherbot me!” as proof of entry.
Recommend: Personally recommend the show to a friend/colleague via email. BCC firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “You should listen to the Go Time podcast!” and include this link
https://changelog.com/gotime somewhere in the body of your email.
- Gopherbot - Robotic Gopher plushie that you can code.
- Gophercon in San Diego - where Ron will host the hardware hacking day with Gobots, and other flying objects.
- Adafruit - company making tiny chips.
- LLVM from GO Perspective - blogpost by Ayke van Laëthem.
- Tiny Go and Webassembly
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!