Indecent (language) Proposals: Part 1
In this episode, we discuss some proposed changes to Go covering a range of subjects, from magical interfaces, to enhancing range loops, make and new with inferred types, lazy values, and more. We also talk a lot about ints, so get this episode in your ears.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Teleport – Quickly access any resource anywhere using a Unified Access Plane that consolidates access controls and auditing across all environments - infrastructure, applications, and data. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Test in production! Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Equinix Metal – Globally interconnected fully automated bare metal. Equinix Metal gives you hardware at your fingertips with physical infrastructure at software speed. This is the promise of the cloud delivered on Bare Metal. Get $500 in free credit to play with plus a rad t-shirt at info.equinixmetal.com/changelog.
- Daniel Martí – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Kris Brandow – Twitter, GitHub
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
The proposals we discuss are:
- 21670 - Have functions auto-implement interfaces with only a single method of that same signature
- 43557 - Function values as iterators
- 34515 - Extended type inference for make and new
- 37739 - Lazy values
- 19623 - Arbitrary precision ints
- 30613 - Checked integer types
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!