Indecent (language) Proposals: Part 2
This is the second part of a discussion about Go language proposals that may or may not make it into the language. Listen to part one as well!
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Code-ish by Heroku – A podcast from the team at Heroku, exploring code, technology, tools, tips, and the life of the developer. Check out episode 101 for a deep dive with Cornelia Davis (CTO of Weaveworks) on cloud native, cloud native patterns, and what is really means to be a cloud native application. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Equinix Metal - Proximity – Take your infrastructure further, faster. On March 3rd, join Equinix Metal for their first technical user conference called Proximity. It’s a “follow-the-sun” day of live-streamed technical demonstrations showcasing Equinix Metal’s partners and ecosystem. Visit metal.equinix.com/proximity
- Sourcegraph – Sourcegraph is universal code search for every developer and team. Easily search across all the code that matters to you and your organization: find example code, explore and read code, debug issues, and more. Head to info.sourcegraph.com/changelog and click the button “Try Sourcegraph now” to get started.
- Daniel Martí – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Roberto Clapis – Twitter, GitHub
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
The proposals discussed in this episode are:
- 20733 - Redefine range loop variables in each iteration
- 12854 - Type inferred composite literals
- 35304 - Anonymous struct literals
- 21496 - Even narrower: permit type elision in nested composite literals
- 6386 - Constants of arbitrary types
- 27975 - Immutable type qualifier
- 29036 - Make imported symbols predictable
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!