Learning and teaching Go
Bill Kennedy joined the show and talked with Carlisia about learning Go, teaching Go (which is something we’ll do at some point or another), making good presentations, and other interesting projects and news.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Rollbar – Our error monitoring partner. Rollbar provides real-time error monitoring, alerting, and analytics to help us resolve production errors in minutes. To start deploying with confidence - head to rollbar.com/changelog
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
Notes and Links
These articles will explain how to organize your Go packages:
- Style guideline for Go packages
- Standard Package Layout
- Go best practices, six years in - Repository Structures
- Design Philosophy On Packaging
Interesting Go Projects and News
“If boring repetitive things aren’t automated, a manager gets hired” – Niranjan Paranjape
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!