Maintenance in the open
Open Source and other source available projects have been a huge driver of progress in our industry, but building and maintaining an open source project is about a lot more than just writing the initial code and putting together a good README. On this episode of the maintenance mini-series, we’ll be discussing open source and the maintenance required to keep it going.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- LaunchDarkly / TrajectoryConf – Software powers the world. LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software. DevOps and feature management are reimagining how we build and release new products. On November 9th and 10th, LaunchDarkly is hosting Trajectory Conference 2021 — a two-day event for software innovators who want to break orbit, not systems. Trajectory is a fully-virtual conference that focuses on the technology, people, and processes that continuously deliver better user experiences and more powerful software. Register for free at trajectoryconf.com
- Incident.io – Create, manage, and resolve incidents directly in Slack. Use the
/incidentcommand to create and manage incidents. This command lets you share updates, assign roles, set important links and more – all without ever leaving the incident channel. Each incident gets their own Slack channel plus a high-res dashboard at incident.io with the entire timeline from report to resolution. Learn more and sign up for free at incident.io — no credit card required.
- Equinix Metal – If you want the choice and control of hardware…with low overhead…and the developer experience of the cloud – you need to check out Equinix Metal. Deploy in minutes across 18 global locations, from Silicon Valley to Sydney. Visit metal.equinix.com/justaddmetal and receive $100 credit to play.
- Fastly – Compute@Edge free for 3 months — plus up to $100k a month in credit for an additional 6 months. Fastly’s Edge cloud network and modern approach to serverless computing allows you to deploy and run complex logic at the edge with unparalleled security and blazing fast computational speed. Head to fastly.com/podcast to take advantage of this limited time promotion!
- Aaron Schlesinger – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- sam boyer – Twitter, GitHub
- Kris Brandow – Twitter, GitHub
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Steven Wittens’ Essay
- The Cue Language
- Go Time Live at GopherCon - Session 1, Session 2, Session 3
- RIP Mitch Hedberg
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!