Pop quiz time! 😱
Learning Go with code pop quizzes is a fun way to zoom in on different language features. People are looking forward to pop quizzes on Twitter and in conferences, and they also learn from that. Let’s chat about pop quizzes!
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Cockroach Labs – Scale fast, survive anything, thrive everywhere! CockroachDB is most highly evolved database on the planet. Build and scale fast with CockroachCloud (CockroachDB hosted as a service) where a team of world-class SREs maintains and manages your database infrastructure, so you can focus less on ops and more on code. Get started for free their 30-day trial or try their forever-free tier. Learn more at cockroachlabs.com/changelog.
- LaunchDarkly – Ship fast. Rest easy. Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Teleport – Teleport Access Plane lets you access any computing resource anywhere. Engineers and security teams can unify access to SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- Dave Cheney – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Miki Tebeka – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Natalie Pistunovich – Twitter, GitHub
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- TennTenn’s hardest quiz
- Book: Java Puzzlers
- Miki’s “Brain Teasers in Go” book (with a foreword by Dave Cheney)
- Choose boring tech
- Reddit CTO: Stick to Boring Tech when Building Your Startup
- Julia Evans
- Light reading on Go’s specs
- Strings in Go
- Unicode in Go
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!