Programming Practices, Exercism, Open Source
Katrina Owen joined the show to explore ideas about open source, code review, learning to program, becoming a savvy programmer, mentoring, projects she’s working on, and also her very prominent and amazing code learning tool Exercism.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $10/mo. We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Katrina Owen – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- RFC #4: Jan Lehnardt – Building Healthy Communities
- Exercism repo for Go exercises
- GopherCon 2016: Katrina Owen - Mind the Gap (video)
- Go Code Review Comments
- Effective Go
- Ruby Midwest 2013 Failure for Fun and Profit! by Kerri Miller (video)
- The GitHub GraphQL API
- 3 Trivial Concurrency Exercises for the Confused Newbie Gopher (blog)
- Go in 5 Minutes Concurrency: Eating Tapas (video)
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Reproducing images with geometric primitives
- Sameer Ajmani wants to assemble university level courses in Go
- College level Courses in Go
- Better Go Playground Chrome Extension
- Todd McLeod, Faculty at Fresno College
- Build desktop applications in Go and HTML
- Brian Ketelsen’s online course Go—Beyond the Basics
- Andrew Gerrand’s Go Workbench idea
- BBQ PID controller written in Go for Raspberry PI
Free Software Friday
- Brian - Go programming language
- Carlisia - Exercism and Write behavioral tests in your editor. Get live results in your browser.
- Erik - Bosun: monitoring and alerting system by Stack Exchange
- Katrina - Hoodie: Software for building applications for the web and iOS
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!