Race detection, firmware, production-grade Go
Kavya Joshi joined the show to talk about shipping production-grade Go, writing firmware with Go, making complex technical concepts accessible, and other interesting Go projects and news.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Datadog – Cloud-Scale Monitoring — Monitoring that tracks your dynamic infrastructure and applications. Plus next-generation APM. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize end-to-end application performance. Start your free trial, install the agent, and Datadog will send you a free Datadog t-shirt!
- Kavya Joshi – Twitter
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Interesting Go Projects and News
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
Erik - GNU ARM Eclipse
Carlisia - goreporter
Kavya - gopherjs
Johnny - Robomongo (cross-platform mongodb manager, open source and free)
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!