Scott Mansfield on Go at Netflix
Scott Mansfield joins us this week to talk about Go at Netflix, performance, latency and caching, Rend (their memcached proxy), chaos monkey, and more.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Scott Mansfield – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Rend - A memcached proxy that manages data chunking and L1/L2 caches
- Netlix chaos monkey Note: a new version in Go is imminent
- Rob Pike’s Google I/O 2012 - Go Concurrency Patterns (video)
- How to block Forever in Go
Interesting Go Projects and News
- GoKit tagged 0.1.0
- Go in the Modern Enterprise: Using gokit with Peter Bourgon (podcast)
- Updates to vim-go
- Updates to Hugo
- Francesc’s Go Tooling in Action
- Ed’s State of Go survey
- #vendor channel on Gophers Slack
- Beyond Code Season 3 (Gophercon 2015)
Free Software Friday
- Brian - Jess Frazelle’s dotfiles:0 to Awesome in one clone
- Carlisia - Network Programming with Go
- Scott - Go
- Erik - unix-like reverse engineering framework and commandline tools
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!