Stop the presses
Newsletters play a unique role for developers. As the Go community continues to grow and mature, these newsletters provide a much-needed filter for the oft overwhelming stream of new articles, talks, and libraries produced by the community on a weekly basis.
In this episode Johnny, Jon, and Mat are joined by Peter Cooper of the Golang Weekly newsletter to discuss his role as a newsletter curator. We explore difficult topics that touch on ethics and responsibilities of a curator and of course, the impact Peter and his team have on shaping, at least in part, what many in the Go community get exposed to.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
- Algorithms with Go – A free Go course where panelist Jon Calhoun teaches you how algorithms and data structures work, how to implement them in Go code, and where to practice at. Great for learning Go, learning about algorithms for the first time, or refreshing your algorithmic knowledge.
- The Brave Browser – Browse the web up to 8x faster than Chrome and Safari, block ads and trackers by default, and reward your favorite creators with the built-in Basic Attention Token. Download Brave for free and give tipping a try right here on changelog.com.
- Peter Cooper – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Golang Weekly - The Go newsletter that Peter curates.
- Awesome Newsletter #Go - A list of additional newsletters in the Go
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!