The monolith vs microservices debate
What is a microservice, and what is a monolith? What differentiates them? When is a good time for your team to start considering the transition from monolith to microservice? And does using microservices mean you can’t use a monorepo?
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
- Algorithms with Go – A free Go course where panelist Jon Calhoun teaches you how algorithms and data structures work, how to implement them in Go code, and where to practice at. Great for learning Go, learning about algorithms for the first time, or refreshing your algorithmic knowledge.
- Pluralsight – Stay home. Skill up. For free. Pluralsight is totally free for the entire month of April! With over 7,000 courses from experts in software development, security, cloud and data there’s never been a better time to skill up. Learn more and get started at pluralsight.com/changelog
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Tom Wilkie – Twitter, GitHub
- Matt Heath – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jaana Dogan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jsonnet - A data templating language for app and tool developers.
- Monzo - Where Matt works with 1600+ microservices.
- Grafana Labs - Where Tom works.
- Prometheus - Open Source monitoring software Tom contributes to.
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!