The one with Brad Fitzpatrick
Brad Fitzpatrick returns to the show (last heard on episode 44) to field a mixed bag of questions from Johnny, Mat, and the live listeners. How’d he get in to programming? What languages did he use before Go? What’s he up to now that he’s not working on the Go language? And of course… does he have any unpopular opinions he’d like to share? 😏
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
- Pixie – Pixie gives you a magical API to get instant debug data. The best part is this doesn’t involve changing code, there are no manual UIs, and this all lives inside Kubernetes. Pixie lives inside of your platform, harvests all the data that you need, and exposes a bunch of interfaces that you can ping to get the data you need. It’s a programmable edge intelligence platform which captures metrics, traces, logs and events, without any code changes.
- Datadog – Do you have an app in production that is slower than you like? Of course you do…is the performance all over the place…sometimes fast, sometimes slow? Do you know why? Well, with Datadog you will. Troubleshoot your app’s performance with end-to-end tracing and in one click correlate those Go traces with related logs and metrics. Use detailed flame graphs to identify bottlenecks and latency in your apps. Start your free trial, install the agent, create a dashboard, and get a free t-shirt! Head to datadog.com/gotime to get started.
- Brad Fitzpatrick – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!