The ultimate guide to crafting your GopherCon proposal
The Call for Proposals for GopherCon 2021 is open from Monday, April 5th to Sunday, April 25th. Kris Brandow, an experienced GopherCon speaker, has published a series of guides to assist Gophers as they craft their proposals and think about submitting.
In this episode Kris reads through his guide, discussing the four parts with a GopherCon newbie, Angelica Hill, who spoke for the first time at GopherCon last year, and is a first time CFP reviewer this year.
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Teleport – Quickly access any resource anywhere using a Unified Access Plane that consolidates access controls and auditing across all environments - infrastructure, applications, and data. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- O'Reilly Media – Learn by doing — Python, data, AI, machine learning, Kubernetes, Docker, and more. Just open your browser and dive in. Learn more and keep your teams’ skills sharp at oreilly.com/changelog
- Sourcegraph – Sourcegraph is universal code search for every developer and team. Easily search across all the code that matters to you and your organization: find example code, explore and read code, debug issues, and more. Head to info.sourcegraph.com/changelog and click the button “Try Sourcegraph now” to get started.
Notes and Links
- Storytelling On Stage series
- Storytelling On Stage: The Basics starts at 4:29
- Storytelling On Stage: Storytelling starts at 33:48
- Storytelling On Stage: Advice starts at 52:26
- Storytelling On Stage: Proposal Writing for Procrastinators (not yet published) starts at 1:04:53
- GopherCon CFP
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!