We have regrets
Leaning from mistakes is key to progressing. In this episode Ben, Aaron, Kris, and Jon discuss some of our mistakes - like spending too much time designing a feature that isn’t that important, or using channels excessively when first learning Go - and how we learned from them.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean’s developer cloud makes it simple to launch in the cloud and scale up as you grow. They have an intuitive control panel, predictable pricing, team accounts, worldwide availability with a 99.99% uptime SLA, and 24/7/365 world-class support to back that up. Get your $100 credit at do.co/changelog.
- Datadog – Are you having trouble visualizing bottlenecks and latency in your apps and not sure where the issue is coming from or how to solve it? With Datadog’s end-to-end monitoring platform you can use their customizable, built-in dashboard to collect metrics and visualize the performance of your Go applications in real time. Start your free trial, install the agent, create a dashboard, and get a free t-shirt! Head to datadog.com/gotime to get started.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Kris Brandow – Twitter, GitHub
- Ben Johnson – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Aaron Schlesinger – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!