We're talkin' CI/CD
Continuous integration and continuous delivery are both terms we have heard, but what do they really mean? What does CI/CD look like when done well? What are some pitfalls we might want to avoid? In this episode Jérôme and Marko, authors of the book “CI/CD with Docker and Kubernetes” join us to share their thoughts.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Teleport – Quickly access any resource anywhere using a Unified Access Plane that consolidates access controls and auditing across all environments - infrastructure, applications, and data. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Test in production! Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Equinix Metal – Globally interconnected fully automated bare metal. Equinix Metal gives you hardware at your fingertips with physical infrastructure at software speed. This is the promise of the cloud delivered on Bare Metal. Get $500 in free credit to play with plus a rad t-shirt at info.equinixmetal.com/changelog.
- Marko Anastasov – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jérôme Petazzoni – Twitter, GitHub
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kris Brandow – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- CI/CD with Docker and Kubernetes - A free book about CI/CD written by Jérôme & Marko
- Sysbox - A tool mentioned by Jérôme on the show
- Tilt - A tool mentioned on the show
- Semaphore - The SaaS CI company that Mark is the co-founder of.
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!