Why WADL When You Can Swagger?
Ivan Porto Carrero joined the show to talk about generating documentation (with Swagger), pks, kubo, and other interesting Go projects and news.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Ivan Porto Carrero – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Interesting Go Projects and News
Go 1.9.2 released
“These releases include fixes to the compiler, linker, runtime, documentation, go command, and the crypto/x509, database/sql, log, and net/smtp packages. They include a fix to a bug introduced in Go 1.9.1 and Go 1.8.4 that broke “go get” of non-Git repositories under certain conditions.”
Dep 0.3.2 - support for importing from additional dependency management tools (gvt, gb), various other fixes and improvements
Free Software Friday!
Each week on the show we give a shout out to an open source project or community (or maintainer) that’s made an impact in our day to day developer lives.
Erik - Gonum Numerical Packages
Carlisia - Bill Kennedy
Brian - Francesc Campoy
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!