Why writing is important
In this episode we talk about various types of writing and how we as Go developers can learn from them. Whether it is planning and preparing to write, communicating with team members, or making our code clearer for future developers to read through style guides.
Changelog++ members save 6 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Code-ish by Heroku – A podcast from the team at Heroku, exploring code, technology, tools, tips, and the life of the developer. Check out episode 101 for a deep dive with Cornelia Davis (CTO of Weaveworks) on cloud native, cloud native patterns, and what is really means to be a cloud native application. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Equinix Metal – Globally interconnected fully automated bare metal. Equinix Metal gives you hardware at your fingertips with physical infrastructure at software speed. This is the promise of the cloud delivered on Bare Metal. Get $500 in free credit to play with plus a rad t-shirt at info.equinixmetal.com/changelog.
- Sourcegraph – Sourcegraph is universal code search for every developer and team. Easily search across all the code that matters to you and your organization: find example code, explore and read code, debug issues, and more. Head to info.sourcegraph.com/changelog and click the button “Try Sourcegraph now” to get started.
- LaunchDarkly – Test in production! Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Angelica Hill – Twitter, GitHub
- Johnny Boursiquot – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kris Brandow – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- How language shapes the way we think | Lera Boroditsky
- The Zen of Go - Article by Dave Cheney about how idiomatic Go code
- diagrams.net (formerly draw.io) - A tool mentioned by Johnny
- WebSequenceDiagrams.com - A tool mentioned by Johnny
-GopherCon 2019: Kris Brandow - The Gopher’s Manual of Style
- Effective Go
- Go Code Review Comments - Common code review comments for Go code
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!