Your first week with Go
Your first week with a new programming language can be tricky. In this episode Jon is joined by Jacquie and DaShaun to talk about their first week with Go. What was their primary focus? What resources did they leverage? What made it stick, and what didn’t?
Changelog++ members get a bonus 2 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean’s developer cloud makes it simple to launch in the cloud and scale up as you grow. They have an intuitive control panel, predictable pricing, team accounts, worldwide availability with a 99.99% uptime SLA, and 24/7/365 world-class support to back that up. Get your $100 credit at do.co/changelog.
- Gophercises – Gophercises is a free course that will help you become more familiar with Go while developing your skills as a programmer. The course consists of 20 different mini-applications, packages, and tools that are each designed to teach you something unique about Go. Get started at gophercises.com/gotime
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Jacquie Grindrod – Twitter, GitHub
- DaShaun Carter – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- DaShaun on Twitch
- Jacquie on Twitch
- Exercism’s Go Track
- Jacquie’s Exercism Source
- Jacquie’s Project Logs
- Go Playgorund
- Parti Corgi Discord
- Go Patterns
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!