DDEV for Local Development
On this episode, we have Randy Fay, the maintainer and benevolent dictator of the DDEV project, which aims to make local development for PHP-based projects a breeze for individuals and teams.
We talk about the origins of DDEV, as well as its benefits over local development environments that are monolithic in nature. Due to how DDEV leverages Docker behind the scenes, it’s ideal for PHP-based CMS projects like Drupal, Typo3, WordPress, and app development frameworks like Laravel as well.
We go in depth on what those advantages are, and how DDEV has ambitions to bring the shrink-wrapping of project devops to outside the PHP world as well.
And there’s a special little treat at the end for Craft CMS users who want to leverage DDEV, so tune in!
- Getting Started with DDEV
- DDEV Quickstart for many CMSs
- DDEV Support
- DDEV Discord chat
- DDEV repo on GitHub
- DDEV Advisory Group notes 2022.09.07
- DDEV and Craft CMS Quick-Start Guide
- DDEV & WSL2: getting started
- DDEV Add-Ons
- PhpStorm DDEV Integration plugin
- ddev-ui (defunct)
- Craft CMS project type PR
- Migrating from Craft Nitro to DDEV
- Audit Documentation issue
- Explore GUI and TUI options for DDEV
- ❤️ Sponsor DDEV