Advocating for Devrels
On this episode, we talk with Shawn “swyx” Wang all about developer relations aka devrels, and what their critical role at a tech-based company entails.
Is it just marketing for developers? Are they YouTube creators who like tech? Programmers who like teaching? Super fans who want to get paid to work on the product they already love?
We answer all of these questions, and also delve into the duality of the devrel role, where they benefit the company and also the developers in the community.
Don’t miss this real talk with Shawn about important but often misunderstood role in the tech business!
- About Devrel
- Netlify’s Jason Lengstorf
- AWS Amplify
- Developer Marketing: Engage and convert
- Developer marketing is the inverse of traditional marketing
- Measuring Developer Relations
- What is Developer Relations?
- Dealing with Honne and Tatemae in Japan
- Fireship on YouTube