Life in the Fast Lane 🏎 with Partytown 🎉
On this episode, we talk with Adam Bradley from Builder.io about using Partytown to improve website performance while still allowing marketing to use a plethora of tracking scripts.
Partytown is a way to run all of your third-party tracking scripts (or “tags”) in a separate web worker thread, so the main thread is free to render the page without jank or white screen loading delays.
It is super simple to set up & get running, and all of your tracking scripts work as before… they are just sequestered in a separate thread so they don’t impact frontend performance.
Special co-host John Morton joins us to talk about his experience setting up and using Partytown, and also implementing a similar service from Cloudflare called Zaraz.
Join us for the party! 🎉
- Partytown Github
- Partytown Documentation
- Partytown Integrations
- Tags Gone Wild! Managing Tag Manaders
- Using Web Workers
- CanIUse Web Workers
- Google Tag Manager
- Service Worker API
- SEOmatic Partytown Update
- Creating a Reverse Proxy for Partytown with AWS Cloudfront
- Module / Nomodule pattern
- "Serving Resources Locally" PR
- devMode.fm changes to add Partytown
- Atomics in Partytown
- Atomics Documentation
- Why Cloudflare Bought Zaraz
- Zaraz use Workers to make third-party tools secure and fast