Standup - "Craft CMS 4: Rector? Damn Near Killed 'Er!"
Ryan Irelan & Andrew record another devMode standup where we discuss the impending release of Craft CMS 4.
We delve into why this update won’t be as much work as the Craft 2 to Craft 3 update, but we talk about the work plugin & module developers will need to do, and what you can do to prepare for Craft 4 now.
We also talk about Pixel & Tonic’s likely release dates for the beta and general release, and how a tool called Rector may ease the process for everyone.
We also then talk about how to do long reports or exports well using batches without PHP falling over, a memoization memory leak in Commerce, and Ryan tells us about stakeholder-appropriate workflows.
- Craft CMS 3 release blog
- PHP Release Cycles
- PHP Type Declarations
- Laravel Forge
- Arcus Tech hosting
- What even is PHP?
- Cutting the Cord: Removing Craft CMS 3 Plugins
- Getting Ready for Craft CMS 4
- Preparing for Craft 4
- Rectum? Damn Near Killed 'Em
- Throw Exceptions for Deprecation Errors
- Query Batching with Db::batch() + Db::each()
- PHP Generator Functions
- Memoization Memory Leak in Commerce
- Matrix Façades GitHub Project
- A Table UI for a Matrix Field??
- Updating Craft CMS Without Headaches
- WebAssembly: The Definitive Guide: Safe, Fast, and Portable Code