Standup - "Lookin' for Love in all the Wrong Places"
Ryan Irelan & Andrew record another devMode standup where we discuss the idea that training materials teach you how to do a thing, but that’s only part of the equation.
Studies have shown that people who love their jobs tend to do better work than those who don’t. So how do we learn to love our jobs, or do we just need to find a job that fits us better? We talk about it in-depth, and how loving a thing can be a skill you apply, and thus do better work!
We also talk about Web 3.0, Crypto, NFTs, the Star Registry, and how humans are weird about what they value.
We go on to discuss Time-Block Planning, an obscure Docker issue that caused problems for Andrew & Ryan, Belle Delphine’s bath water, as well as the Oculus Quest 2 and how awesome it is!
- Dead as a doornail
- Happy workers are 13% more productive
- Can You Learn To Love Work You Don't Like?
- Green Lumber Grading Station
- Lookin' for Love in all the Wrong Places
- Why are so many Americans quitting their jobs?
- "Make Your Bed Every Day" speech
- Wes Bos
- Switch to using hyphens as a separator in hostnames
- Using Make & Makefiles to Automate your Frontend Workflow
- An Annotated Docker Config for Frontend Web Development
- Web 2.0 and Web 3.0
- Think cryptocurrency is bad? NFTs are even worse.
- What’s the endgame of all the speculation & hoarding in Bitcoin
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Bryan Micon Over Bitcoin Poker Site
- Name a Star
- The Shoe Surgeon Debuts World’s First Multiverse NFT
- Who is paying $30 for 'gamer girl' Belle Delphine's bath water?
- Oculus Quest 2
- Quest 2 Elite Strap
- Time-Block Planner
- Chaos Monkey