Web Performance with @csswizardry Harry Roberts
On this episode, @csswizardry Harry Roberts regales us with stories from the trenches, discussing the real-world web performance problems he’s helped companies overcome, and how.
We go on to discuss how to how to help justify to expense of optimizing for performance, and how it’s really a business decision in terms of what ends up making the company more money.
We go on to discuss the massive energy used by data centers used to power the web, their environmental impact, and the “butterfly effect” of small changes we developers make that can result in huge results.
Finally, Harry tells us his top 3 things that are most important to keep in mind when you want to build a performant site. Apologies for minor sound quality issues with Harry’s audio, but the content is worth it!
- Tailwind CSS based on ITCSS
- Why Speed Matters
- The Need for Mobile Speed
- A Pretty Website Isn't Enough
- Tags Gone Wild! Managing Tag Managers
- Post-Mortem: Applied Image Optimization
- Essential Image Optimization
- The Ethics of Web Performance
- Power Hungry: The Growing Energy Demands of Data Centers
- Why Energy Is A Big And Rapidly Growing Problem For Data Centers
- Request Map
- Speed Curve
- La Tomatina Festival