What even is the Internet?
On this episode hosted by Jennifer Blumberg, we delve into this magical, mystical thing we used every day called “The Internet”.
As technology professionals we know more than most about it, but still there are many fundamental things about how the Internet works that we take for granted, or don’t fully understand.
We delve into the physical communications mediums, the protocols, and the history of this thing we call the Internet… and into how browser work with the DOM and CSSOM to make pretty pictures.
- The Internet
- What is the Internet of Things?
- The birth and rise of Ethernet
- Who invented the Internet?
- Battlestar Galactica
- Differences between TCP and UDP
- HTTP/3: the past, the present, and the future
- TCP Header
- DNS Root Servers
- 1994: "Today Show": "What is the Internet, Anyway?"
- Submarine Cable Map
- The Undersea Cables that Connect the World
- A Short History of the Web
- A Short History of Bi-Directional Links
- The Pattern Language of Project Xanadu
- HTTP Status Codes
- Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol
- Constructing the Object Model