Is the ZFS tax too high? We pit ZFS on root against ext4 in our laptop pressure cooker and see how they perform when RAM gets tight.
Plus we take a look at Pop!_OS 19.10, complete our Ubuntu 19.10 review, cover community news, and lots more.
Special Guest: Alex Kretzschmar.
- Unix Turns 50
- Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie Explain UNIX (Bell Labs) - YouTube
- Fedora at 15: Why Matthew Miller sees a bright future for the Linux distribution
- How a business was built on podcasts for Linux: The story of Jupiter Broadcasting
- Introducing Steam Remote Play Together
- Donate to the Gnome Foundation Patent Troll Defense Fund
- Texas Cyber Summit - Extras 24
- Texas Cyber Summit - Blog Post
- Texas Cyber Summit - Photo Gallery
- Bug #1848790 “USB not working under arm64 on Pi4”
- EXT4 Stock Benchmarks
- ZFS on Root Benchmarks
- EXT vs ZFS Comparison
- ZFS on Root Lowmem Benchmarks
- ZFS on Root vs EXT4 Lowmem Comparison
- All tests compared
- Phoronix tests
- Kernel Parameters, see mem=
- Carl’s Deets about 19.10
- thinkpad-tools: Tools to manage Thinkpad properties