325: DNF or Die
Fedora 31 strikes the right balance, we get the latest on the Librem 5 situation, and an easy graphics boost for laptops.
Plus the best way to share your terminal yet, and more.
Special Guests: Alex Kretzschmar, Brent Gervais, and Drew DeVore.
- srslol on Twitter: “@ChrisLAS --> Hey dude. Quick question. What is the device you’re using as external GPU for your laptop. Is it called a breakaway box? Can you add any GPU and PCIe you want through Type C USB?”
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 External Graphic Enclosure eGPU
- Using the Razer Core eGPU with Fedora Linux — I set launch options to DRI_PRIME=1 %command% to run the game on the eGPU
- Supplying the Demand – Purism
- First Librem 5 Smartphones are Shipping – Purism
- Jay Little - Software Obsessionist - The Sad Saga of Purism and the Librem 5 : Part 1
- Purism’s Librem 5 phone starts shipping—a fully open GNU/Linux phone | Ars Technica
- Why Librem 5 will never succeed (in my opinion)
- Purism Librem 5 Linux phone delayed a bit due to CPU thermal problems - SlashGear
- An electrical engineers opinion on the Librem 5. : Purism
- Ubucon Europe - YouTube
- Fedora 31
- Releases/31/ChangeSet - Fedora Project Wiki
- support cgroup v2 (unified hierarchy) · Issue #654 · opencontainers/runc · GitHub
- Fedora 31 ARM options
- Fedora 31 vs Ubuntu 19.10 Stock
- How to check Linux I/O scheduler » Linux Ask! | Linux Ask!
- Bug 745032 – Mouse Tracking ‘Laggy’ on Wayland, and mouse movements cause frame drops in other OpenGL applications
- Multi-monitor rendering in Wayland sessions spends some random fixed percentage of its time (average 50%) blocked, sleeping and unable to render the screen or respond to the user54
- Boosting the Real Time Performance of Gnome Shell 3.34 in Ubuntu 19.10
- Toolbox :: Fedora Docs Site
- tmate • Instant terminal sharing
- New Linux Foundation Effort to Focus on Data Confidence Fabrics to Scale Digital Transformation Initiatives - The Linux Foundation