329: Flat Network Truthers
Build one flat network across cloud providers, personal networks, with even thousands of nodes. We feature two amazing open source solutions, and the creators behind them.
Plus community news, first impressions of Google Stadia, listener feedback, and some great picks.
Special Guests: Alex Kretzschmar, Guus Sliepen, and Ryan Huber.
- Chris Fisher on Twitter: “Trying out @GoogleStadia before today’s @LinuxUnplugged.
- Google is Working to Bring Mainline Linux Kernel to Android
- Linux 5.5 Crypto Code Has The Changes To Usher In WireGuard - Phoronix
- System76 Superfan 3 Article
- Photo Gallery for System76 Superfan 3
- Pinebook Pro Article
- Jupiter Extras: popey on ThinkPads
- Jupiter Extras - NOW ON YouTube
- Tinc VPN
- Tinc - ArchWiki
- Install tinc VPN for Linux using the Snap Store | Snapcraft
- Introducing Nebula, the open source global overlay network from Slack
- Slack’s open source Nebula overlay network tool can solve multi region connectivity woes - TechRepublic
- Nebula on GitHub
- Feedback: CLI Autocomplete?
- fzf: A command-line fuzzy finder
- Fish Shell
- Liam writes… Hi Chris, I have also been experiencing random lag…
- Profile-sync-daemon: Symlinks and syncs browser profile dirs to RAM thus reducing HDD/SDD calls and speeding-up browsers.
- Feedback: Forum?
- wee-slack: A WeeChat plugin for Slack.com. Supports threads and reactions, synchronizes read markers, provides typing notification, etc..
- Girens for Plex - Linux Apps on Flathub