345: Don't Go Viral, Go Virtual
It was the first of its kind, and the first forced to go virtual. We get the behind the scenes story of WSL Conf from the organizers.
Plus our impressions of the latest GNOME release, community news, app picks, and more.
Special Guests: Hayden Barnes, Neal Gompa, and Sohini Bianka Roy.
- Linux Kernel’s Floppy Disk Code Is Seeing Improvements In 2020
- elementary #AppCenterForEveryone on Twitter — Due to travel restrictions and for the safety and well-being of our contributors, we are postponing the AppCenter for Everyone sprint that was planned to take place March 12–19. We are coordinating making alternate arrangements with attendees and will provide more info soon
- Daniel Foré on Twitter — I’m really bummed that we had to postpone an in-person sprint, but we still hit the ground running today and got a lot done.
- Eager Beavers vs the Winter Storm — Work, Life, and RV Podcast
- Manjaro KDE will be factory-default of PinebookPro - Manjaro ARM / Announcements - Manjaro Linux Forum
- npm is joining GitHub - The GitHub Blog — Looking further ahead, we’ll integrate GitHub and npm to improve the security of the open source software supply chain, and enable you to trace a change from a GitHub pull request to the npm package version that fixed it.
- Protect our Speech and Security Online: Reject the Graham-Blumenthal Bill — The so-called EARN IT Act (S. 3398) is anti-speech, anti-security, anti-innovation, and unnecessary. Let’s tell Congress to reject it.
- Government ist trying to ban encryption again : linux
- GNOME 3.36 Release Notes
- GNOME 3.36 Released with New Lock Screen, Better Performance - OMG! Ubuntu! — The new release even manages to sneak in a couple of unexpected, but very welcome, changes too, like a new GNOME Extensions app.
- Jupiter Extras: Behind the Scenes: LINUX Unplugged
- Know when we’re going to be live. Check out the calendar
- Keep the conversation going join us on Telegram
- No LFNW this year
- WSLConf: The first conference dedicated to Windows Subsystem for Linux goes virtual
- El Reg gets some unexpected lessons from WSLConf — Microsoft celebrated the conclusion of a successful - and suddenly virtual - Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) conference by switching the forthcoming Build event to a digital affair as well. The Register spoke to those behind the first WSLConf about hitting the big red button with mere days to go.
- Microsoft Reactor. Learn. Connect. Innovate.
- pivpn — The Simplest VPN installer, designed for Raspberry Pi.
- Break Timer