355: Chris' Data Crisis
Chris' tale of woe after a recent data loss, and Wes' adventure after he finds a rogue device on his network.
Special Guest: Drew DeVore.
- VIMKiller: Exiting VIM is hard; sometimes we need to take drastic measures
- How to Boot Raspberry Pi 4 From a USB SSD or Flash Drive
- USB Boot Forum post announcement
- rpi-eeprom-update usage
- The default boot mode is now 0xf41 which means continuously try SD then USB mass storage.
- Raspberry Pi’s firmware master branch on Github
- Put Btrfs in my Pi Last Night...
- Know when we’re going to be live. Check out the calendar!
- Pay it forward: Help us give away 1,000 ACG subscriptions
- MAC Address Lookup Tool
- WiFi Analyzer (open-source) - Apps on Google Play
- WiFiAnalyzer on F-Droid
- LinSSID - WiFi Analyzer for Linux
- wavemon: an ncurses-based monitoring application for wireless network devices
- Your COVID-19 Internet problems might be COVID-19 Wi-Fi problems
- The Ars Technica semi-scientific guide to Wi-Fi Access Point placement
- How Ars tests Wi-Fi gear (and you can, too)
- Jim’s network-testing tools
- Home router: one option is to build it yourself!
- FireHOL and FireQoS - Linux firewalling and traffic shaping for humans
- SuperShaper-SOHO: Packet filtering / QoS setup for typical home/small office
- Throttle network bandwidth on Linux
- Dnsmasq - network services for small networks.
- vaping: a healthy alternative to SmokePing!
- speedtest: self-hosted speedtest
- Self-Hosted Podcast
- Feedback: A big thank you