375: Wrong About Pop!
We're reminded that you can't judge a distro by its screenshots. We use Pop!_OS for a few weeks and share our embarrassing discovery.
Plus our thoughts on the new Plasma release, a super handy pick, and more.
0:50 SPONSOR: A Cloud Guru
2:39 Plasma 5.20
7:50 Kernel 5.9
8:05 VMware Flirts with Arm
15:28 SPONSOR: Linode
18:54 Big News for Nebula
22:10 Code-Shaming the Kernel
29:31 Pop!_OS Exit Interview
31:44 Pop!_OS Full-Time Staff
34:49 Pop!_OS: The Last Ten Percent
37:46 Pop!_OS: A Very Unique Distribution
43:13 Pop!_OS: Driving Hardware Sales
47:40 Pop!_OS: Strengthening the System76 Brand
49:51 Manjaro Arm 20.10 Released
50:48 SPONSOR: A Cloud Guru
51:48 Feedback: TLP Magic
53:23 Feedback: Chromebooks and Education
56:16 Pick: Autotier
59:09 Pick: Antennapod 2.0.1
1:00:30 SPONSOR: Core Contributors
Special Guest: Neal Gompa.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: This course is designed to be a deep dive into the topic of systemd, the most widely used service management scheme in Linux today.
- Linux_5.9 - Linux Kernel Newbies
- Plasma 5.20 — One absolutely massive release!
- ESXi on Arm Fling is LIVE! — The ESXi-Arm Fling supports a number of different Arm platforms ranging from a traditional Datacenter form-factor to both Near and Far Edge systems including the highly requested Raspberry Pi.
- ESXi Arm Edition | VMware Flings
- Great News for Nebula
- Nebula for iOS and Android is now available | Defined Networking — In February of this year, Nate and I left Slack to start a company together, Defined Networking, Inc., to focus on Nebula full-time.
- Mobile Nebula on the App Store
- LUP 329: Flat Network Truthers
- The AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Makes Up Roughly 10.5% Of The Linux Kernel — With Linux 5.9, it comes in at 2.16 million lines of code plus another 247k lines of code comments and another 109k blank lines.
- AMD Graphics Driver Hacker News Thread
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Pop!_OS by System76
- Unplugged Core Contributors
- Manjaro ARM 20.10 released!
- Feedback: TLP Magic
- Feedback: Chromebooks and Education
- PIck: autotier — A passthrough FUSE filesystem that intelligently moves files between storage tiers based on the frequency of use, file age, and tier fullness.
- AntennaPod 2.0.1 Changelog