446: Kudu Cores and Cloud Wars
We put the sports car of Linux laptops to the test. Is it the multi-tasking machine it claims to be?
And an essential update on the show.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Kudu from System76 — Enjoy fast, steady progression with the Kudu’s powerful H-class AMD processor. The Kudu laptop is equipped to handle longer sessions so you can taste the victory of beating your schedule.
- Kudu (kudu6) - System76 Technical Documentation
- Internal Overview - System76 Technical Documentation
- MBP M1 Max Machine Learning, Sys76-kudu-ML Benchmark Comparison
- Sys76-kudu-amd, Sys76-kudu-nv Benchmark Comparison
- Value 4 Value Calculator
- Pick: Spodcast — Spodcast is a caching Spotify podcast to RSS proxy. Using Spodcast you can follow Spotify-hosted netcasts/podcasts using any player which supports RSS, thus enabling the use of older hardware which is not compatible with the Spotify (web) app.
- Pick: hwatch — A modern alternative to the watch command, that records the result of command execution and can display history and diffs.
- Pick: rnote — A simple drawing application to create handwritten notes.
- Pick: dog dns client — dog is an open-source DNS client for the command-line. It has colourful output, supports the DoT and DoH protocols, and can emit JSON.