464: Git Happens
We're going back in time to witness the early days of a critical tool to build Linux, then jump forward 15 years and join our buddy Brent on his journey to learn that very tooling.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- WSL 2 distros are now supported on Windows Server
- Ten SpaceX Starlink Updates
- Dish calls out Elon Musk for tweets about Starlink and RVs, planes
- Dish begs FCC to deactivate Starlink setups used in moving vehicles
- SpaceX: Starlink Risks Becoming ‘Unusable’ If Dish Gets 12GHz Spectrum
- JB London Meetup - Aug 5 “6pm London time”
- London Colony Meetup - Matrix chat room
- Linode Guides — Migrate a PostgreSQL Database to a Managed Database
- Tech Talk: 2007 Linus Torvalds on git
- Oh My Git! — An open source game about learning Git!
- Getting started with Git: Terminology 101
- Tech With Tim - Git And GitHub in ~30 Minutes
- JB GitHub - Website Rebuild Ideas & Explorations · Discussion #8
- Git Tutorial for Beginners - Git & GitHub Fundamentals In Depth
- Cleanup by Brent · Pull Request #29
- awesome-git — A curated list of amazingly awesome Git tools, resources and shiny things.
- ungit — The easiest way to use git. On any platform. Anywhere.
- Hugo: The world’s fastest framework for building websites
- Celebrating 15 years of Git — An interview with Git maintainer Junio Hamano
- Brunch with Brent: Quentin Stafford-Fraser — Brent sits down with Dr Quentin Stafford-Fraser, computer scientist, serial-entrepreneur, inventor (perhaps) of the webcam, Augmented Reality Ph.D. who ran the very first web server at the University of Cambridge, among much more.
- Office Hours 6: Peer to Peer Future — Interview with Mitch Downey, co-founder of Podverse.
- Fountain 0.4.0 — Listen to Earn, Promotions & Paid Likes
- gpodder.net — gpodder.net is a libre web service that allows you to manage your podcast subscriptions and discover new content. If you use multiple devices, you can synchronize subscriptions and your listening progress.
- Source for gpodder.net
- GPodder Sync in the Nextcloud App Store
- Podverse: Podcasting 2.0 certified player for Android, F-Droid, iOS, and the web.
- [Album] The New Deal
- TinyPilotKVM: Control any computer remotely.