Episode 256: Peering Into the Future
A major Internet monopoly might just be on the edge of cracking thanks to free software, a bit of initiative, and a lot of gumption. We'll follow up on a major experiment we kicked off last week.
Plus SUSE is sold again, Linux on the Nintendo Switch just got way better, Mint has a new release, we look at elementary OS Juno's first beta, and we cover a ton of community news.
Special Guest: Eric Hendricks.
- Ting: Visit linux.ting.com and get a $25 discount off a device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- DigitalOcean: Visit do.co/unplugged for a limited time special offer, or enter dounplugged after you create your account for a $10 credit. Promo Code: dounplugged
- Linux Academy: Visit linuxacademy.com/unplugged to support the show and sign up for a 7 day free trial.
- Every question we have about Sony uploading an entire movie to YouTube instead of the trailer - The Verge
- Breaking News! SUSE Linux Sold for $2.5 Billion
- Developer Preview: Juno Beta 1 Is Here
- Hackers Discover Cause Of Linux Battery Desync Issue In Nintendo Switch
- Yum Set To Be Retired In Fedora 29
- Linux Mint 19 “Tara” Cinnamon released!
- New features in Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon
- MintBox Mini 2 Pro
- "Stylish" browser extension steals all your internet history
- After using Chrome OS for four months, I never want to go back
- Using the Chrome OS* graphics stack on Intel-based Linux desktops
- UbuntuStudio Audio Handbook
- Christmas in July: Over 150 New Ways to Train - Linux Academy Blog
- We review Moto G6 Play
- How To Secure Nginx with Let's Encrypt on FreeBSD
- TrueOS to Focus on Core Operating System
- Jupiter Broadcasting PeerTube
- JB Community - PeerTube
- AMA with Framasoft and Peertube, send your questions in!
- The Humble Store: DRM-Freedom Sale