Hasty Treat - Code Quality Tooling
In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about code quality tooling - how to get your code extra nice and clean, and the tools that will help you along the way.
If you want to know what’s happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code “tastytreat”.
3:11 - ESLint / JSHint / Linters in general
- Eslint took over as a flexible solution for code style and quality
- Use plugins and presets to set your rules for different types of project
- Don’t be afraid to tweak rules, they are not the word of god
10:55 - Prettier
- Strictly formatting
- Can work with or without ESLint
- Provides an enforceable standard for teams
- Prettier for CSS, PHP, GraphQL, etc.
18:46 - VS Code
- Red underlines like spellcheck for code
- Tooltip for lint errors
- Fix on save vs fix on command