Potluck - enums, WASM, Lighthouse, Redirects
In this episode of Syntax, Scott and Wes answer your questions on a Potluck episode of Syntax.
Sanity - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
Linode - Sponsor
Whether you’re working on a personal project or managing enterprise infrastructure, you deserve simple, affordable, and accessible cloud computing solutions that allow you to take your project to the next level. Simplify your cloud infrastructure with Linode’s Linux virtual machines and develop, deploy, and scale your modern applications faster and easier. Get started on Linode today with a $100 in free credit for listeners of Syntax. You can find all the details at linode.com/syntax. Linode has 11 global data centers and provides 24/7/365 human support with no tiers or hand-offs regardless of your plan size. In addition to shared and dedicated compute instances, you can use your $100 in credit on S3-compatible object storage, Managed Kubernetes, and more. Visit linode.com/syntax and click on the “Create Free Account” button to get started.
- 02:07 Google Chrome to start measuring user experience beyond the completion of page load
- 05:47 How can I ensure that I am executing npm commands safely?
- 07:58 How should I prefix booleans?
- 09:46 How do I decide between using an enum vs a union type in Typescript
- 13:40 What is Web Assembly?
- 18:34 Sponsor: Sanity
- 19:45 what happened to Scott using Linux?
- 22:44 Sponsor: Linode
- 23:57 How do you batch requests in nodejs to an api?
- 26:15 What are micro-frontends?
- 29:55 Sponsor: Sentry
- 31:16 Since Astro seems so amazing, aren’t you tempted to rebuild your site now in Astro instead of Sveltekit?
- 33:04 Can you please shed some light on redirects in express/ koa?
- 36:41 How do deal with ADHD?
- 41:52 Should I repeat the name of the issue in the commit message or just "Resolves #$issue-number"?
- 44:21 Do browsers update automatically?
- 47:52 What do you do when working on a big project?
- 49:55 Can you guys help to breakdown and explain jargons and differences of RPC, REST, gRPC, GraphQL?
- 53:25 How to ask a question
- 53:42 Sick Picks
- 56:17 Shamless plugs