Supper Club × Authoring Browser Extensions with Tim Leland
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Tim Leland - developer of browser extensions like WeatherExtension and Link Shortener Extension.
Postlight is a strategy, design, and engineering firm that builds platforms for some of the biggest organizations in the world. The Postlight Podcast is hosted by senior leaders Rich Ziade, Paul Ford, Gina Trapani, and Chris LoSacco.
If you’re looking for answers to tough leadership questions, the Postlight Podcast has you covered.
Listen to new episodes every Tuesday, wherever you get your podcasts.
Did you know that many WordPress sites are not properly configured to send emails? With WP Mail SMTP, you can easily optimize your site to send emails, avoid the spam folder, and make sure your emails land in the inbox every time.
WP Mail SMTP comes with detailed email logs, email engagement tracking, visual email reports, weekly email summaries, integrations with popular email providers like SendLayer, Gmail, Outlook, and more!
- 00:33 Welcome
- 02:21 Guest introduction
- Link Shortener Extension
- 03:40 Why develop browser extensions?
- 07:58 How did you market your extensions?
- 09:43 Where is a Chrome extension running?
- 14:29 What’s your URL shortener extension?
- 18:50 OneLink service
- 20:30 SSL Domains
- 21:35 Sponsor: The Postlight Podcast
- 23:00 Maliciousness with URL shorteners
- 28:26 How do you come up with ideas?
- 30:03 Running Chrome extensions as Firefox extensions
- 34:03 Does blogging still work?
- 36:38 Sponsor: Sendlayer
- 37:53 Supper club questions
- Tim Leland /uses/
- 45:12 ××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
- Tchibo Coffee machine