Supper Club × NX Monorepos with Victor Savkin
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Victor Savkin about NX Monorepo development.
Whiskey Web and Whatnot is different than your typical dev podcast. We show a lighter, more human side of developers you know and love, like a fireside chat with your favorite devs. Past guests include Tom Preston-Werner, Kent C. Dodds, Charlie Gerard, and of course Wes Bos! We have discussed everything from Next.js and TypeScript to Chuck’s past life as a blackjack dealer, Cincinnati Chili, the best casseroles, and of course whiskey!
Visit whiskeywebandwhatnot.fm or find them wherever you listen to podcasts.
Strapi enables developers to build projects faster by providing a customizable API out of the box and giving them the freedom to use their favorite tool as it has both REST and GraphQL endpoints. Strapi is extensible and frontend agnostic, built to cover all your content use cases. Give Strapi a try at strapi.io/demo, find your missing content workflow piece on our marketplace,and learn more about Strapi and how it help you on our Youtube channel.
- 00:29 Welcome
- 02:42 Guest introduction
- 04:07 What tools did Google use?
- 10:49 What do bigger companies use for version control?
- 14:40 What is Nx?
- 21:02 How does Nx help you upgrade projects?
- 27:42 Sponsor: Whiskey Web and Whatnot
- 28:33 How does Nx fit into the existing tooling?
- 37:27 Sponsor: Strapi
- 39:02 Caching and skipping builds
- 44:50 The problem with caching
- 48:44 Is it used for images or video?
- 51:40 Small projects can benefit as well
- 53:13 Lightning questions
- Happy Hacking KB
- VS Code
- 02:23 Shameless Plugs